A presigned URL is a special URL that provides temporary access to resources in an Amazon S3 bucket, allowing users to access private objects without AWS security credentials.Key Characteristics:
- Temporary Access: Presigned URLs are valid only for a specific duration. The default is 3600 seconds (1 hour), but you can specify a custom value, up to a maximum of 7 days (604800 seconds) for URLs using the GET method.
- Access Private Objects: Even if your bucket is private, presigned URLs allow the specified operations on the object. This means you don't have to make the object public to share it.
- Flexible Permissions: Presigned URLs can be generated for various operations including GET, PUT, DELETE, etc.
- Private Sharing: Share a document or media file without altering its permissions or moving it from a private bucket.
- Client-side Uploads: Allow trusted clients to directly upload to S3 without intermediary servi- ces.
- Timed Access: Grant temporary access for scenarios like one-time downloads.